You can now use all of Appbot’s clustering tools, including Sentiment, Topics, Custom Topics and more, to analyze other sources of customer feedback. Try it out for:
- Survey responses
- Support tickets
- NPS comments
- Social media feeds
- or other unstructured text.
Appbot’s text mining analysis can analyze any unstructured text data, provided it can be placed in a csv. Once you upload the csv to Appbot, that source will appear in your apps list and you can investigate the data using all the various features and tools of Appbot.
Uploading Unstructured Text CSVs To Appbot
- To upload a CSV to Appbot, login to your Appbot account and navigate to the Manage Sources page from the top navigation.
- Click ‘Add New Source’.
- On the Adding New Source page, click ‘CSV Import’.
- From here, clicking ‘Add New Source’ in the top right-hand corner will open a dialogue box in which you’re able to enter the:
– Icon URL (if you wish to have an icon for your custom data set)
Once you’re ready to go, select Create Data Source.
- Now click the grey ‘Import CSV’ button.
- From there, you’ll be redirected to the Import Source page where you can import your CSV file. Just select Choose File, and locate your custom data CSV.
- In order to ensure the fields are imported correctly, you must map your columns of data to the header fields in Appbot. The Unique ID and the Published Date are required fields, but the other fields can be mapped to your requirement.
- If your import already contains headers, you can select to toggle on CSV Contains Header which will take that into account when importing your data set.
*Important: If you have many columns being imported that you may need to scroll across to the right in order to see and map all of them.
- Once this is complete, you will be able to review the rows being imported in the summary box at the bottom of the page.
- When you’re happy with the mapping, select ‘Start Import’ and your data will begin uploading.
- After your data has finished importing you will see the following screen, notifying you of its completion.
*Note: Any lines containing errors will not be uploaded, you’ll need to fix the errors and re-upload the file.
- Once you’re happy with your data set, select Finish and commence browsing your data in Appbot!
Importing new rows to your existing CSV source
- Navigate to Manage Sources > Add New Source > CSV. You will land here.
- Select ‘Import CSV’ beside the source you want to add more data to.
- Follow the prompts to complete your import.
If you have imported a unique ID column to your CSV source Appbot will do the following:
- Add a new row of data for any row with a unique ID that does not already exist in this source.
- Update (overwrite) the row for any row of data where the unique ID already exists.