You can now use all of Appbot’s clustering tools, including Sentiment, Topics, Custom Topics and more, to analyze other sources of customer feedback. Try it out for:
- Survey responses
- Support tickets
- NPS comments
- Social media feeds
- or other unstructured text.
Appbot’s text mining analysis can analyze any unstructured text data, provided it can be placed in a csv. Once you upload the csv to Appbot, that source will appear in your apps list and you can investigate the data using all the various features and tools of Appbot.
Uploading Unstructured Text CSVs To Appbot
- To upload a csv to Appbot, login to your Appbot account and navigate to the Manage Apps page from the top navigation.
- From the top menu, select “Custom Source”.
- On the Sources page, click + Add Source to the right of “Manual Import (CSV)”.
- From here, clicking + Add New Source in the top right hand corner will open a dialogue box in which you’re able to enter the:
– Icon URL (if you wish to have an icon for your custom data set)
– Data Source type (currently limited to CSV format).
Once you’re ready to go, select Create Data Source.
- From there, you’ll be redirected to the Import Source page where you can import your CSV file. Just select Choose File, and locate your custom data csv.
- In order to ensure the fields are imported correctly, you must map your columns of data to the fields in Appbot. The Unique ID and the Published Date are required fields, but the other fields can be mapped to your requirement.
- If your import already contains headers, you can select to toggle on CSV Contains Header which will take that into account when importing your data set.
*Note: It is important to note that if you have many columns being imported that you may need to scroll across to the right in order to see and map all of them.
- Once this is complete, you will be able to review the rows being imported in the summary box at the bottom of the page.
- When you’re happy with the mapping, select Start Import and your data will begin uploading.
- After your data has finished importing you will see the following screen, notifying you of its completion.
*Note: Any lines containing errors will not be uploaded, you’ll need to fix the errors and re-upload the file.
- Once you’re happy with your data set, select Finish and commence browsing your data in Appbot!