Here is a guide on how to report reviews to the app stores.
It’s never ideal to have app reviews that are inaccurate or potentially defamatory on your app store pages. Most negative reviews can be dealt with by a thoughtful app review reply. But there are sometimes cases when a reply isn’t enough, you want the review removed so need to report the review. You can request the stores to remove any inaccurate or potentially defamatory content.
Here’s how you can go about it for iOS reviews, Google Play Reviews and Amazon reviews:
Report Reviews on the iOS App Store
Here’s how to report a review left on one of your apps on the iOS App Store:
- Head to App Store Connect
- Select the app the review was left on
- Choose Activity -> Ratings & Reviews – iOS App. Scroll down to find the review you want to report and then click on “Report a Concern”.
- Enter the details of the concern
- The App Store will then make a decision on the review.
Report Reviews on the Google Play Store
- Head to the Google Play Developer Console
- Find the app the review was left on and click through
- Select Reviews from the menu. Scroll down to find the review you want to report and then click on the flag icon on the review.
- Confirm it is in violation of Google’s Comment Posting Policy & click “Submit”
Report Reviews on the Amazon Store
- Head to the Amazon app or product on amazon.com or associated store.
- Locate the review on the page, go to the bottom of the review and locate the “Report abuse” button
- Confirm on the popup screen that will be presented:
Removal of Reviews from Appbot
If you consider that a review on the Appbot system is materially inaccurate, irrelevant or defamatory in nature, please send us a request with the exact link to the review and supporting information on the nature of the materially inaccurate, irrelevant or defamatory review.