To Configure an Appbot SSO Integration with the Okta, Follow These Steps:
The first step in configuring Appbot to support SAML based Single Sign-On from Okta is to set up Appbot in Okta (one of Appbot’s single sign on solutions).
In SAML terminology, what you will be doing here is configuring Okta (your SAML Identity Provider or “SAML IdP”), with the details of Appbot (the new SAML Service Provider or “SAML SP”).
Here is how to set up Appbot Single Sign On Solutions in Okta:
- Log in to your Okta Organization as a user with administrative privileges.
- Click on the blue “Admin” button
- Click on the “Add Applications” shortcut
- Click on the green “Create New App” button
- In the dialog that opens, select the “SAML 2.0” option, then click the green “Create” button
- In Step 1 “General Settings”, enter “Appbot” in the “App name” field, then click the green “Next” button.
- In Step 2 “Configure SAML,” section A “SAML Settings”, paste the URL below into the “Single sign-on URL” (replacing “your_org” with the supplied org ID):
- and the following into the “Audience URI (SP Entity ID)” field (replacing “your_org” with the supplied org ID):
- Configure the other attributes as shown in this screenshot;
- Default RelayState: leave blank
- Name ID format: Persistent
- Application username: Email
- In the “Attribute Statements” section, add three attribute statements (with the exact capitalizations shown)
- “User.FirstName” set to “user.firstName”
- “User.LastName” set to “user.lastName”
- “User.email” set to “user.email”
- Click Next to continue.
- In Step 3 “Feedback”, select “I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app”, then click Finish on this single sign-on solutions.
- Navigate to the “Sign On” section of your newly created Appbot single sign-on application. Copy the “Identity Provider metadata” link and send it to us.
(It should be similar to https://yourorg.okta.com/app/xxx/sso/saml/metadata)
If you need any further assistance with Okta single sign-on or any of Appbot’s other single sign on solutions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or check out our FAQ section here.