Appbot offers teams on an eligible plan the ability to reply to reviews from within Freshdesk, without following a deep link to the app stores. This feature is called Reply in Integrations and is available on the Large plan and higher. You can see which plans include it here. Appbot does not limit the number of replies you can send via Reply in Integrations.
Replying in Freshdesk saves your support team hours every day by allowing them to handle reviews as another support channel in Freshdesk.
All users (Team Leaders AND Team Members) on an Appbot account with this feature enabled can reply to reviews, without needing permissions on the Apple or Google Play store.
To start replying from within Freshdesk you will need to:
- Configure connections to App Store Connect and/or the Google Play Developer Console then
- Follow the instructions below to configure the Freshdesk integration.
Configure the Freshdesk integration
- Navigate to the ‘Manage Sources’ tab at the top of the page:
- Find the app you want to set up the Freshdesk integration for and press on the (+) button in the ‘Integrations’ column
- Locate ‘Freshdesk’ and click the black ‘Add Integration’ button:
- Head over to Freshdesk and login to your account:
- Click on your profile picture or initial on the top right corner and select ‘Profile settings’:
- Copy your API key which will be available below the change password section on the right hand side:
- Head back to Appbot, paste your Freshdesk API key in, enter your Freshdesk subdomain (the word that comes before .freshdesk in your browser when you are logged into Freshdesk) and press ‘Next’:
- If you have custom fields setup in your Freshdesk account, you’ll need to set the value for them here.
- Now all you need to do is choose which reviews you want us to send through and hit save. You can filter by star rating, topic and country/language.
- Congratulations, you’ve linked Appbot to Freshdesk! Your reviews will now start showing up as tickets.
Here’s how your reviews will look when they start to come through:
If you have completed the steps above to link your Appbot account to the app stores, you can press the reply button and start replying!
That’s it! You’re all set up to reply to reviews from within Freshdesk.
Remember that each person who will be replying to reviews will need to be a Team Leader or Team Member on your Appbot account. Sharing accounts on Appbot is not allowed, per our terms of service. Compliance with this clause is actively monitored and enforced. Account holders found violating this clause will be subject to suspension of their account without notice.
Security and Privacy of your Freshdesk data
Appbot takes data security seriously.
We have built the integration in a push only method. This means we can’t access any of your Freshdesk tickets, it’s totally private to you!
What happens if I got over the reply character limit on the stores?
You will be notified within the ticket as below:
What happens if the user updates their review?
You will receive a new ticket with the updated review where you can reply again.