The Appbot Tableau integration is designed to save Tableau users time and effort in reporting on their app review and ratings data, via Tableau. Tableau is a powerful, secure, and flexible end-to-end analytics platform for your data. Appbot offers a “Web Data Connector” to make it easy to get raw app review data into Tableau.
Sending your Appbot data to Tableau has several benefits. It will allow you to do things like:
- Examine correlation between marketing activities and app reviews/ratings
- Create your own multi-series or aggregate Ratings data charts from Appbot data
- Report on the effect of changes in ratings on downstream stats like conversion rate and revenue.
Please note that an Appbot account with API access is required. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
How to configure your Appbot-Tableau web data connector:
- Generate an Appbot API Key and Password at https://app.appbot.co/api and take note of them.
- Inside Tableau, choose Open > Web Data Connector and enter https://api.appbot.co/api/v2/tableau_wdc as the URL.
- On the page that loads, enter the API Key and Password in the appropriate fields.
- Enter a date (in YYYY-MM-DD format) from which you wish to export data. Alternatively, you can leave this field as the default of 7 days ago.
- Press the “Load Apps List” button, then select which apps you wish to export data for in the dropdown menu.
- Once chosen, click “Connect Apps”.
- The Web Data Connection should now be ready. Inside Tableau, you should be able to select the “Reviews” table, and choose “Update Now” or “Automatically Update” to download the data from Appbot.
If you need any further assistance on setting up the Appbot Tableau integration for your app store reviews, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions. You can also check out our FAQ section here.