You can use Zapier to feed text data from thousands of apps into Appbot for analysis. Appbot can help you understand your customers better by automatically classifying text data by sentiment, topic, words and more. You’ll see trends emerge over time, and be able to identify the root cause of complaints and problems.
Using Zapier with Appbot makes it easy to run unified reports across all of your Voice of the Customer data sources. Some popular uses of Zapier with Appbot include:
- import support emails into Appbot
- push survey or NPS responses into Appbot
- Send the results of a form into Appbot
There are many other applications, and you can see the full list of apps Zapier supports here. We’re going to walk through an example below where we’re feeding the results of a Google form into Appbot for analysis.
How to use Zapier to import unstructured text into Appbot
- Navigate to Manage Apps, and select “Custom Sources” from the sidebar
- In the “Custom Sources” listing, select “Add Source” next to Zapier
- You need to create a custom source to contain the data you’re importing from Zapier. Click the “Add New Source” button.
- Name your custom source and choose “Create Data Source”
- Click the “Import Zapier” button
- Choose the “Create a new Zap” link to be taken to the Zapier editor.
- You must choose a Trigger App that will serve as the source of data to be imported into Appbot.
- For our purposes we will use Google Sheets as our example. We have created a sample spreadsheet containing feedback information. This could be sourced from a Google Form, or elsewhere.
- Search for and select “Google Sheets” as the Trigger App
- We will trigger whenever a new row is added to the spreadsheet. Choose this option and click “Save + Continue”.
- Connect your Google account, and once complete, choose “Save + Continue”
- Select the relevant spreadsheet and worksheet from the two dropdowns;
- Once selected, choose “Continue”
- Zapier will now fetch several spreadsheets row to use as examples while configuring the Zap. You can view the format of the spreadsheet data your Zap will have access to by expanding a row. Choose a row and then “Continue”.
- You have now completed the Trigger stage. You must now configure an Action using the Appbot app. Click “Add one now!” to continue.
- In the list of Action Apps shown, search for Appbot
- Select Appbot from the list
- From the Appbot action list, choose “Create Comment”.
- You will be asked to connect your Appbot account. Click the “Connect an Account” button to proceed.
- In the popup, if you are not signed into Appbot, you will be asked to sign in. Once you are signed in you will be prompted to authorize Zapier to access your account data. If your account is not the one listed, click the “Sign In As Another User” button and sign into the correct account.
- In the original window, Zapier should now indicate you have successfully linked your Appbot account. Choose “Save + Continue”.
- You will now be prompted to select which custom source you would like your data to be imported into, and to map the spreadsheet columns into Appbot’s various fields.
- Select the custom source you created earlier
- For the Published Date, we recommend choosing a field that indicates when the comment was created. This will determine where in timelines the given comment will appear. For our spreadsheet example, we choose the existing date field. You can leave this blank if this information is unavailable, in which case we will use the time your Zap ran.
- For the remainder of the attributes, we fill in the optional Appbot fields as we desire;
- Once this is complete, click “Continue”.
- You have the option to send a test row to your Custom Source. Click “Send Test To Appbot” and verify it appears in Appbot as desired.
- Choose “Finish”.
- Give your Zap and name and click the “Off” button to turn the Zap on.
- If you see the success screen, your Zap is now operational.
- Now you can see this data source in Appbot! Here’s an example of what your imported data looks like;
You can now measure changes in Sentiment, see which Words and Topics are trending, or create your own Custom Topics and Dashboards for this new data source. Watch our complete Appbot Demo video for a full walk-through of each feature, in under 10 minutes.
Our Zapier integration is new and we’d love your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with both questions and feedback, any time.