Appbot can automatically send your iOS and Google Play reviews to Slack, making it easy to monitor how users respond to your product. You can easily filter the reviews you send to Slack by Star Rating, Country/Language or Topic. This ensures that the content each Slack channel receives is relevant and useful.
Appbot customers use Slack to:
- Ensure reviews are visible across your whole business
- Keep each team in the loop on reviews that are relevant to their job function
- Reply to reviews quickly & easily
Setting up a Slack integration in your Appbot account takes only a few minutes. Watch the video below or follow the guide for instructions. You can use the links on the right to jump ahead.
How to send app reviews to Slack
This process will need to be followed for each app that you would like to send to Slack.
- Login to your Appbot account and navigation to the Manage Sources tab in the top right of the page
- Find the app you want to integrate with Slack in your sources list. Select the ‘(+)’ button under the Integrations column.
- Find Slack and press on the blue ‘Add Integration’ button.
- Press ‘Add to Slack’.
- Sign in to your Slack account.
- Choose which channel you would like your reviews sent to and press ‘Allow’.
- Now you can set up which reviews you would like us to send to Slack, and whether or not you’d like your Weekly Summary sent to Slack. Press ‘Save’ once you’re done.
Tip: You’ll receive a warning message if the review volume is high. We recommended you use the filters so you’re only receiving the reviews that are most important to you.
Tip: If you’d like to filter to certain countries (languages on Google Play) or by Topic, select to filter and then use the check boxes to choose the options.
Congratulations, you’ve set up your first app for the Slack integration! Have more app reviews you need sent to Slack? You will need to repeat the process for each app. Then next time we fetch your reviews, we’ll post them in your chosen Slack channel.
How to reply to reviews in Slack
There are two ways to reply to reviews that appear in Slack.
- For users on the Large plan and higher, you can reply without leaving Slack. You will need to link your Appbot account to App Store Connect and/or the Google Play Developer Console before you can reply. Once these connections are configured you will see the option to Enable Replies in the Edit screen for this Slack integration. Select Enable Replies to turn it on:
You will then see the Reply button (labelled 1 above), and anyone in your Slack account can use this to reply to reviews.
- For users on Small and Medium plans you can reply to reviews by following the “reply in console” link to the relevant app store (labelled 2 above). You will need to have access to the app stores to follow these links.
How to have the email summaries sent to Slack
You can have the weekly email summaries sent to Slack. The summaries are based on the reviews for the previous week (Monday – Sunday inclusive). Filters selected in the Integration do not affect the summary. They are sent to Slack every Tuesday around 4pm (UTC).
- Go to the Integrations page.
- Click on ‘Configure’ next to Slack.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button for the Slack integration.
- Select ‘Enable Weekly Summary’.
- You can also enable ‘Include Global Ratings in Summary’.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button.
Can Appbot access my Slack data?
No. Appbot has no read access to your Slack instance. The only scope we request from Slack is incoming-webhook.
We interact with Slack in two ways:
- Sending reviews – We do this by sending requests to a Slack WebHook URL which is configured to write messages to a Slack channel of your choosing.
- Receiving replies – If you reply to a review from within Slack, which is disabled by default, we receive a WebHook response from Slack with the reply information to post to the stores.