One of the many great features Appbot offers to all plans is the ability to use Dashboards.
Dashboards save teams hours every week by making reporting on app and Amazon reviews more efficient.
Some of the other benefits include
- Making it easy to select the metrics from Appbot that are the most useful for your team and save them all in one place for quick reference.
- You can make as many Dashboards as you like, and everyone in your Appbot team can see them.
- Dashboards can show data for multiple apps, can be exported to PDF and can also be automatically emailed to you using the email scheduling feature.
This is a big lesson so we recommend putting aside at least 30 minutes so you can complete everything. When you’re ready, begin with the “Building a Dashboard” section below.
- Building a Dashboard
- Adding widgets
- Renaming and editing filters on widgets
- Removing Widgets
- Rearranging widgets
- Using fullscreen mode (for using Dashboards on a large screen in the office)
- Duplicating Dashboards
- Deleting Dashboards
- Clearing Dashboards
How To Build A Dashboard
Creating a new dashboard is easy:
- You can access and create new dashboards by clicking Dashboards on the left navigation bar.
- Press the ‘Create New Dashboard’ button in the top right corner of the Dashboards page.
- Give your new dashboard a name and press ‘Create Dashboard’.
- Congratulations, you’ve taken the first steps toward building an amazing custom dashboard. You’ll be immediately taken to your new dashboard. You’ll also see your new dashboard appear in the dashboards list under ‘My Dashboards’.
Adding Widgets To Your Dashboard
The next important part of how to build a custom dashboard is adding widgets.
- To add a widget, navigate to the dashboard and press on the ‘Add Widget’ button at the top of the screen.
- Select a widget to add to your dashboard. Tip: You can hover over the widgets to preview what they look like. You can find more information about each widget in the Appbot Widget Guide here.4. Repeat the process until you have all the widgets you need, then select the Add Widget button in the bottom right hand corner.
Renaming & Applying Filters To Widgets
Each widget on your custom dashboard can be renamed and filtered to only show data for a particular country, app version or star rating.
Try editing a widget, by pressing on the filter icon in the top right corner.
You’ll see a few different options for the selected widget:
- Widget Name: This is where you can easily change the name by typing a new one in the box. Start by editing the name of a widget.
- Filter By App: Below the widget name, you can click the source dropdown to update the source of the widget. This allows you to show different sources alongside each other in the same dashboard. Pick a few Sources to put into your widget.
- Once a new source is selected, the widget will show the app and store icon in the top left:
- Other Filters: Further down you can also adjust the widget to show data for a particular country, source version, topics or star rating. Once you’ve made the necessary changes, press the green ‘Finish Editing’ button at the bottom of the window.
Removing Widgets From Your Dashboard
To remove a widget from your dashboard, press on the ‘filter icon’ at the top right of it.
Press the ‘trashcan icon’ at the bottom of the window that pops up to remove that widget from your dashboard.
Give it a go.
Re-arranging Your Dashboard
Not liking the look of your dashboard? Perhaps you want some widgets in different places? No problem! Just click in the top bar of any of your widgets and drag and drop it to where you want it. Easy!
Try moving some widgets around to get a feel for it.
Viewing Your Dashboard Fullscreen
Want a full immersive dashboard experience? Press the fullscreen button!
Duplicating Your Dashboard
Making a copy of one of your dashboards is also easy, all you need to do is to go to Settings and click ‘Duplicate’.
You’ll get the option to enter a name for the new dashboard. Select ‘Create Duplicate’ once you’re happy.
You’ll now have a copy of this dashboard in your dashboard list.
Deleting A Dashboard
To permanently delete one of your dashboards, navigate to the dashboard you wish to delete, select Settings, and click ‘Delete Dashboard’.
Select ‘Delete Dashboard’ on the popup that appears to permanently delete this Dashboard
Clearing A Dashboard
Select ‘Clear Dashboard’ on the popup to confirm that you want to empty the dashboard of all widgets.
Great work! you have mastered the art of Dashboard creation. Be sure to keep at it, and try making some new Dashboards of your own. Perhaps there are a few apps that you want to compare, or a list of competitors you want to keep tabs on.
When you’re ready, proceed to the How to Use Tags lesson.